At last we have found suppliers of large bunches of parlsey. We were so excited we bought all the parsley they had - overkill? Not yet! We love tabbouli in this hosuehold and who wouldn't? Its amazingly good for you and we even do ours gluten free with quinoa instead of cracked wheat - and my Lebanese husband even prefers it that way -winner!
Serves 4-6 (depends on how much you love it - our massive bowl could feed 2 only)
2 large bunches parsley (6-8 cups chopped)
5 large tomatoes, diced finely
1 medium/large onion, diced finely
2 cups cooked quinoa
1/2 cup lemon juice
1 Tbs Celtic Salt
1/3 cup olive oil
- Cut off the ends of the parsley so you only use the leaves and minimal stalk. Cut up finely. Yes it takes a little extra time but well worth it.
- Add the remaining ingredients and stir through.
- Serve with baked potato chips and hommus - yum!
- Cut up a small bunch of mint (finely) and add to the salad
- Add fresh pomegranate seeds
Posted by Melissa Awde