2 Tbs olive oil
1 medium onion, chopped finely
2 sprigs rosemary, chopped finely
5 sprigs thyme, chopped finely
400g sliced mushrooms
1 Tbs Tamari
1 1/2 cups arborio rice
1.25L vegetable stock
Parsley (to serve)
- Begin by gently heating the stock to a simmer.
- Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan. Add the onion and saute for a few minutes on medium heat. Add the rosemary and thyme saute for a minute, then add the sliced mushrooms and tamari and saute for another 2 minutes.
- Add the rice and gently mix through, coating it with the oil and other delicious flavours.
- Ladle approximately 1 cup of stock at a time into the rice, stirring gently. The heat should be low and produce a simmer. Continue to stir the rice, adding another ladle of stock as its absorbed into the rice. Once you have used all your stock, turn off the heat, stir and cover. The rice will absorb the rest of the stock and be ready to eat within 5 minutes.
- Serve on plates and sprinkle chopped up parsley on top with a side salad.
Posted by Melissa Awde