Our family is currently on a gluten free trial, so now I am busy making gluten free treats. I am sooo glad (and so is Imad) that these little gems have come out so well. I am making a batch each day at the moment. Overboard? Maybe!
Makes 12 - 15 muffins
2 cups self-raising gluten-free flour (I used the Macro Organic brand from Woolworths)
1 cup rapadura sugar
1/2 tsp celtic salt
2-3 bananas, to equal 1 cup of mashed banana
1 cup coconut milk/light coconut cream
1/2 cup ricebran oil or a light tasting oil
1 tsp apple cider vinegar (optional)
1/2 Tbs vanilla extract (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celcius and place muffin cups on tray or grease your muffin pan/s.
- Whisk together the flour, sugar and salt
- with a stick blender, blend up the remianing ingredients. If you do not have a stick blender, use a normal blender/processor or just mix together with a whisk making sure you have mashed the banans well before.
- Pour mix 3/4 way up the muffin pans.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until golden brown.