Have fun making your own bread. There is nothing so good as home baked bread. The taste is amazing, you will want to make it over and over. This is a one loaf, one rising recipe. Make it plain or add your favorite dried fruit, nuts and or seeds. To make it even more healthy grind your own flour using organic wheat.
Preheat oven to 180 degrees celcius
Ingredients you will need
1 cup unbleached plain flour
1 cup bakers wholemeal flour (or stone ground)
1/4 cup gluten flour (optional) gives more texture to the bread
3 tablespoon grape seed or light tasting oil
2 teaspoon instant yeast
1 teaspoon sweetening ( agave, honey, rapadura sugar)
1 teaspoon salt
Luke warm water
Sesame and or sunflower seeds ( for coating)
Add 1mixed cup of your favorite dried fruits, nuts and or seeds to above ingredients
I chose organic raisins, currants, goji berries and walnuts
Lightly grease a 9 x 20cm loaf tin
(1) Place all ingredients except the water into a mixing bowl. Attach dough hook. Slowly add the water and knead until dough clings to dough hook and sides of mixing bowl become clean. This is usually done on a low speed or according to manufacturers instructions for your machine. Continue to knead dough for about 4 minutes.
(1) Place all ingredients in a large mixing bowl except the water. Make a well in the center, slowly add a little water at a time until a soft dough is formed. Knead for about 10 minutes.
(2) When dough is ready shape into a loaf.
(3) Lightly brush loaf with water and sprinkle with sesame and or sunflower seeds, pat down with hands or gently roll dough.
(4) Place dough in prepared tin. Take a sheet of glad wrap, spray with oil on one side. Place oiled side facing down over dough. This prevents dough sticking to plastic when you remove it.
(5) Cover with a wet warm tea towel and leave to rise in a warm place until doubled in size. (for a quick rising method see pizza recipe on this blog)
(6) When dough is risen, place in preheated oven on the middle rack in center of oven. Bake for 35 minutes. Remove bread from oven and let it rest a few minutes before removing from tin.
(7) Turn out onto a wire cake rack and allow to cool. Make sure bread is completely cool before placing in a storage container.
This bread freezes really well. Slice loaf before freezing