This was a HIT dish at our cooking demonstrations last week. With the addition of fresh Mint, Red Capsium and Spring Onion it is sure to be a favourite in your family too! Do not be daunted by making your own mayonnaise, as those who were there last week witnessed how EASY it is. ENJOY!!
1 1/2 kg Potato, cut into 2cm cubes, boiled in salty water and cooled.
1 Red Capsicum, julienned,
2-3 Spring Onions, sliced
Bunch mint, chopped
1 Serve of Cashew Mayonnaise (see below)
1 Cup Cashews
1/2 cup olive oil
2 tsp salt
1/3 Cup lemon juice
1 Cup water
- Blend cashews, water and salt until smooth and creamy.
- Slowly drizzle in olive oil while blending at a high speed.
- Add lemon juice at the last minute and allow to blend through.
- Chill to thicken in refrigerator.
- Just before serving, add the cashew mayonnaise, Red Capsicum, Spring Onions and Mint to the Potatoes. Stir through gently.
"Many, O LORD my God, are thy wonderful works which thou hast done, and thy thoughts which are to us-ward: ... " Psalms 40:5
Posted by Natasha Mansour