Tashy has put up a delish roasted pumpkin soup recipe in the past, but I thought to put up an all in one saucepan soup. Number 2s fave dish!!
1 small Jap pumpkin (approx 1kg), peeled and cubed into 1inch chunks
3 potatoes, peeled and cubed
4 large kaffir lime leaves
1 large onion, diced
4 cloves garlic
1 thumb size piece of ginger, grated
2 stock cubes
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tin coconut cream (or more if you like)
Coriander, lime wedges, and Olive sourdough bread
- Fry up the onion, garlic, ginger, and kaffir lime leaves until onion starts softening.
- Add the pumpkin and potato to the onion mixture and fry together 1 more minute.
- Add the stock cubes then add enough water to the pot to reach just below the top of the pumpkin. You don't want the pumpkin to be covered with water, chunks should still be poking through water.
- Bring up the heat and let it start bubbling, then turn it down a smidge. Cook for approx 20-30 minutes or until pumpkin and potato soft.
- Once cooked through use a stick blender (or blender) to blend together all the ingredients.
- Once blended add the coconut cream.
- Serve with coriander, wedges of lime and some delightful sourdough bread
The Awde Tribe xxx