Tuesday 20 May 2014

Pumpkin and Choko Curry



With garden chokos and pumpkin in abundance, I have made this Curry for the past three pot luck lunches and it has been very popular. So for all those I promised this recipe to...here it is.
If you live near me, please don't buy your chokos. There is plenty in my backyard. I'd love to share :)

Ingredients

1 Jap or Butternut pumpkin, cut into 1-1.5cm cubes and roasted with a drizzle of olive oil and a sprinkle of celtic sea salt.
2 medium brown onions, diced
2 medium Chokos
2 Tbs homemade vegetable stock concentrate or 2-4 vegetable stock cubes
2-3 Tbs fresh grated ginger
2 large garlic cloves, crushed
2 tsp cumin powder
1 tsp turmeric powder
1, 400ml can coconut cream
Salt to taste if needed
1 cayenne chill, finely chopped
4-6 Kaffir lime leaves
oil for frying
2-4 cups cooked butter or cannelinni beans (optional)
Fresh coriander (cilantro) for serving

Method:
  • Make sure pumpkin is roasting first :)
  • Fry onion and choko for a few minutes before adding kafirr lime leaves,garlic, ginger, chilli, turmeric, cumin and stock.
  • Continue sauteing until choko is soft and then add coconut cream and leave to simmer until pumpkin is browned on edges.
  • Stir pumpkin through curry
  • Serve on rice and enjoy :)

Posted By: Natasha Mansour

1 comment:

  1. I was pleasantly surprised that this choko and pumpkin curry tasted so good. It tasted like a Thai curry. Someone gave me a choko and I didn’t know what to do with it but this curry was really enjoyable. This is the second time I am making it. Thanks for the idea.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...