Tuesday 10 April 2012

Raw Peppermint Slice



This desert came about because my Mum was on a special diet and only eating raw. I always felt bad when I made yummy deserts and she couldn't have any so on my way home from work I was praying for inspiration to make something special for Mummy. The following recipe was the result! It turns out that since then I have made it raw for the whole family, although the cooked version is lovely we all fell in love with the raw one and liked it even more! It stores well in the freezer, and I have had people who LOVE chocolate and DON'T LIKE carob go back for seconds and thirds of this dish. Oh, and I must mention, it is very quick and easy to make.
 
Peppermint slice

Base
1 cup almonds, ground
1 tablespoon water
1 tablespoon coconut oil

grind almonds, mix through coconut oil and water and press into tray

Filling

1 Cup cashews
1/2 cup coconut oil
3/4 cup water
8 drops peppermint essential oil
2 tablespoons coconut palm sugar

Blend all until smooth and pour over base. Chill to set in freezer

Topping

1/2 cup soaked hazelnuts, or cashews (no need to soak cashews)
3/4 cup water
1/4 cup coconut oil
1/2 cup carob powder
2 tablespoons coconut palm sugar

Blend hazelnuts, water coconut oil and palm sugar on high until smooth.
Then add carob powder while mixing at a slow speed.
Pour over set filling and place again in the freezer to set top.

Cut while frozen and place in fridge for about 1 hour before serving.
 



"For the LORD giveth wisdom: out of his mouth cometh knowledge and understanding."  Proverbs 2:6

Posted By: Natasha Mansour

2 comments:

  1. Hi Nathasha, I am Marc's wife from France, and this looks so yummy! I will most definitively try this one for my family!
    Thank you so much for sharing this wonderful recipes online. This is such a blessing!
    Have a beautiful day,
    God bless you,
    Elisabeth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Elisabeth,
    Praise the Lord for the blessing and feel free to share it.
    I hope that you also have a very wonderful day.
    May the Lord's rich blessing be upon you and your family.
    Natasha

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...