This morning my darling husband woke up with a sore throat and not feeling so well, so the request was SOUP! Off I went to the pantry to see what it contained; 1 hour later this is what was on the table.
3 Tbs Olive Oil
2 onions, finely sliced
4 cloves garlic, crushed
5cm lemongrass, sliced finely
2 cups red lentils
1 Tbs ground coriander
1 Tsp paprika
400ml coconut milk
1.5 litres water
3 Tbs vegetable stock
2 Tsp Celtic Salt
Garnish with: fresh coriander or shallots chopped finely
- Fry together the onions, garlic and lemongrass until soft.
- Add the red lentils, ground coriander, paprika, coconut milk, water, vegetable stock and salt.
- Let all the ingredients simmer for 20-30 minutes or until the lentils are broken down.
- Blend the soup (with a stick blender) so you don't have chewy lemongrass pieces.
- Spoon into bowls and garnish with the fresh coriander/shallots
- Serve with lemon wedges and sourdough bread (recipe will be up soon - yummy)
'Then Jacob gave Esau bread and pottage of lentiles; and he did eat and drink, and rose up, and went his way;...' Gen 25:34