This is a great last minute dish full of taste! If you have unexpected guests coming over for a meal, this is the dish for the trick. It is a versatile dish that can be made for breakfast, lunch or dinner.
With a little extra liquid you can serve it as a scrumptious soup too!!
1 Tbs Olive Oil
2 Onions, diced finely
8 large Garlic cloves, crushed
1-2 Tbs Ginger, grated
2 small Finger Eggplants, sliced in half circles
8 Sundried Tomatoes, diced
1 1/2 cups split Red Lentils, rinsed
5 cups water
2 Vegetable Stock cubes (I prefer the Massel brand)
1 tsp turmeric powder
2 tsp Cumin powder
1 tsp Coriander Powder
1 tsp Celtic Salt
- Fry the Onions, Garlic, and Ginger in the Olive oil until soft.
- Add the Eggplant and Sundried Tomatoes to the onion mix and saute a few more minutes.
- Add the red lentils, water, stock cubes and all the seasonings.
- Let the Dahl simmer on a medium heat for at least 30 minutes or until the red lentils are broken down and the Dahl is nice and thick.
- Serve on brown rice and with a few wedges of lemon on the side. ENJOY!
Posted by Melissa Awde
"He maketh me to lie down in green pastures. He restoreth my soul." Psalm 23:2