Wednesday 20 November 2013

Boost Me Up - Overnight Breakfast!



 About a month ago I went to stay with my good friend Stephanie. On Sabbath morning for breakfast she made an amazing overnight oat breakfast - it got me craving!

Serves 4

1 cup of rolled oats (I used '5 grain goodness' which is 5 different rolled grains)
4 Tbsp Black Chia Seeds
3 1/2 cups of Almond Milk (I made my own)
1 tsp Natvia (from the Stevia plant)

  • Mix all ingredients together and put in the fridge overnight.

TOPPINGS:
  • Walnuts - soak overnight 
  • Fruit Salad - Rockmelon, Strawberries, Nashi Pear cut into small chunks and mixed through with a tin of passionfruit pulp.
  • Pear Cream - 1x 800g tin pears in natural juice, 1 cups raw cashews, 1 vanilla bean seeds, juice of 1 lemon and 1 tsp Natvia. Blend altogether until smooth.

TO SERVE:

Scoop your overnight oats into a nice serving dish/glass, top with fruit salad, pear cream and then soaked walnuts. YUMMY!!







Posted by Melissa Awde

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...